Monday, July 29, 2013

Headphones might be one of my favorite inventions.

It's amazing how well I start to concentrate when I put in my headphones - I mean, even my daydreaming becomes more focused.

Also, I happened upon one of my favorite childhood movies this weekend and I think it's worthy of attention.

The Point: 1971
As I was thinking about, I kept being reminded of another movie that, on the surface, might be considered a kid's movie as well - one that my friends have heard me blabber quite a lot about.

Flatland: The Movie, 2007. Yes, I know it was a book first. What kind of math major do you think I am?
These two films are just pretty damn awesome (pfc, as one of my closest friends calls such things - I'll let you figure out what that stands for) and I was thinking about them today and on the weekend. Now, I need to go back to learning about things like heteroskedasticity, which along with being a pfc word, is a rather interesting concept. I'm climbing into the cave of algorithms ("algos", apparently), just so you know. I will emerge on Friday, my last day of work at Primarq (at least my last day on-location, if you will). In the meantime, go google 'recursion' and see what happens, have a laugh, and think of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment